Wednesday 24 June 2015

9F62 Questions on Course


  1. Identify your personal learning goals for this course

    I hope to become better at adapting technology within my classroom. I have used a number of different virtual strategies, but I always seem to fall short on performance. I’m hoping with some help through this course, I will be able to achieve something that will benefit myself and my students.
  2. Identify a specific topic, tool, or pedagogical approach that you want to learn more about
    I’d like to learn more about the flipped classroom and how to get it started. It appears to me like it is something along the lines of: Students watch video at home of how to do the skills; practice skills in classroom instead of teaching it to students; have more time to assess (diagnostic and formative assessment).

    The only issue I have is that I can’t seem to get the students into the idea of going home to learn the concepts. Most of my students don’t watch the videos or prepared lessons on their own time. This means I’m re-teaching the material to the majority of the class, which then hinders the point of doing this flipped classroom.
  3. Identify one educator that has inspired you to take this course
    I don’t believe an individual alone has inspired me to take this course. It is more along the lines that seeing the available technologies out there has inspired me to take this course. I’m very interested in integrating a lot more technology into my classroom than I have ever done before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me